In 1992, PEI was founded with one specific goal: offer conflict-free institutional consulting services.
From inception, we realized that in order to accomplish this initiative, we could not provide wealth management services or have industry affiliations of any kind. While other advisors claim “independence” or “non-conflicted,” when you dig deeper, you find this is not the case. Here at PEI, this is the cornerstone of our business:
- We have never had any wealth management or investment products of our own
- We have never had any affiliation with any money manager, broker/dealer or any other organization
- We have never accepted any fees other than those paid directly by our clients for investment advisory services
As a result, our clients have never had to worry that the advice they received was in anyone’s best interest but their own.
It is our mission to provide unbiased, expert advice, empowering our clients to make well-informed, prudent decisions. We promise to always:
- Deliver client-crafted solutions by a tenured team of experts
- Provide you with the highest possible level of fiduciary protection
- Never waver from our founding principle of providing unbiased, objective advice
If you are considering a consultant, make sure to review their Form ADV Parts 1 and 2 for “Financial Industry Affiliations” and “Compensation Arrangements.” Here at PEI, we have never had any such disclosures, and our commitment to our clients ensures we never will.
Awards and Recognition
Our experience, independence, objectivity and completely conflict-free guidance is unmatched in the industry—aspects not only known by our clients but also recognized by our peers.
- In April 2020, PEI ranked #2 on Barron’s 2020 List of Top 50 Institutional Consulting Teams.
- In March 2020, PEI was named a Top DC Advisor by the National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA).
- In November 2019, PEI was ranked by Pension & Investments as #32 in their list of the 100 largest investment consulting firms. (PEI has also been recognized in this ranking every year since it began in 2006)
- Co-Founder and Partner Attila Toth was named to the 2019 Financial Times Top 401 Retirement Plan Advisors list.
- In 2019, PEI was featured in PlanAdviser’s list of Top 100 Retirement Plan Advisers.
- In 2017, PEI was featured in PlanAdviser‘s list of Top 100 Retirement Plan Advisers.
- Co-Founder and Partner Attila Toth was named to the inaugural 2015 Financial Times Top 401 Retirement Plan Advisors list.
- In November 2015, Michael Sasso, Partner and Co-Founder, was appointed to the Plan Sponsor Council of America’s (PSCA) Board of Directors.
- In May of 2015, Co-Founder and Partner Michael Sasso was appointed to the Plan Sponsor Council of America’s (PSCA) Investment Committee.
- In 2013 and 2014, Co-Founder and Partner Attila Toth was featured in PlanAdviser’s list of Top 100 Retirement Plan Advisers. In 2004, Attila was recognized by Plan Sponsor Magazine as Most Successful Retirement Plan Advisor in the Mid-Atlantic, and in 2010, he was once again nominated for PlanSponsor’s Retirement Plan Advisor of the Year.
- Co-Founder and Partner Michael Sasso served a three-year term from 2010-2012 on the Department of Labor’s ERISA Advisory Council in Washington, DC as a representative of the investment consulting industry.
- In 2008, 2009 and 2013, Co-Founder and Partner Attila Toth was recognized by 401kwire as one of the 300 most influential advisors in defined contribution.
- In 2008, Greg McCarthy, CFA, and David Hudak, CFA, testified before the Department of Labor’s ERISA Advisory Council on benchmarking Target Date Funds.