May 3, 2017
PSCA's 70th Annual National Conference
Join Partner Michael Sasso and Associate Director of Research Kathryn Farrell, CFA at PSCA's 70th Annual National Conference in Chicago, IL as they discuss:
Click here to learn more or to register for the event.
Plan Fees: Are You a Target?
Mike and Kathryn will cover what fees plan sponsors need to focus on to ensure they are not the target of future litigation. The workshop will lay the foundation for plan fiduciaries to determine if their fees are reasonable by looking at the various pricing models available in the marketplace in order to assess how their plan is being charged. In addition to examining plan recordkeeping costs, determining if your investment expenses are reasonable—including if your plan is in the appropriate investment vehicle—is of paramount importance. Attend this session to get these questions answered, and to learn about recent litigation and how to protect yourself.
February 22, 2017
Fifth Annual Tri-State Institutional Investor Forum
Marcia Peters, CFA, Chief Investment Officer, will be speaking at the Fifth Annual Tri-State Institutional Investor Forum at the Harmonie Club in New York City on February 22, 2017. Marcia will be one of four panelists during the discussion on:
Reviewing Global Equity Portfolios
An eight-year bull market in U.S. public equities, coupled with relative weakness overseas, puts the idea of global diversification on the back burner for many investors. But as markets continuously cycle, is now the time to start reducing domestic equity exposure and actively search for international growth?
- Francine Kollydas, Director, Investment Management, National Grid USA
For additional information, or to request the full agenda, click here.
- Marcia Peters, CFA, Chief Investment Officer, Portfolio Evaluations, Inc.
- Thomas Garrett, Senior Associate Director, Strategic Research, Verus
- Douglas Bennett, Executive Director & Senior Portfolio Adviser, Vontobel Asset Management
January 25, 2017
Sixth Annual ERISA Fiduciary Checkup
On January 25, 2017, David Hudak, Senior Consultant, will co-host the Sixth Annual ERISA Fiduciary Checkup.
Along with Howard Levine, Drinker Biddle & Reath, and David Dacey, WithumSmith+Brown, they will discuss the labyrinth of ERISA plan fiduciary requirements and how failure to comply with these obligations can expose fiduciaries to liability risks.
Topics to be covered will include:
- What are the most common mistakes made by retirement plan sponsors?
- What issues are the IRS and DOL most concerned about?
- Understanding and dealing with annual reporting issues.
November 29, 2016
Third Annual Pennsylvania Institutional Investor Forum
On November 29th, Marcia Peters, CFA, Chief Investment Officer, will be speaking at the Third Annual Pennsylvania Institutional Investor Forum in Philadelphia, PA, covering "Winning in Fixed Income, Further Rate Hikes or Not:"
To learn more or register for the event, see here.
- How can institutional investors position themselves so they have the flexibility to respond?
- Would a multi-asset credit strategy make sense during this period?
November 1, 2016
Goldman Sachs Institutional Client Panel Discussion
Michael Sasso, Partner and Co-Founder, will be participating in the Goldman Sachs Institutional Client Panel Discussion on November 1, 2016.
Michael will be discussing:
- Shifts in Asset Allocation: Are Any Being Seen?
- Key Trends and Themes in Recent NACUBO Studies
- Characteristics of an Effective Investment Committee
- Which Organizations Typically Select OCIOs
October 21, 2016
Great Lakes Area Tax Exempt/Governmental Entities (TE/GE) Council
Michale Sasso, Partner, and Jean Martone, Director, to present, "Plan Fees: An in-depth discussion on understanding all of the factors," to the Great Lakes Area Tax Exempt/Governmental Entities (TE/GE) Council. Topics to be covered will include:
- Review and update of fee litigation landscape
- Discuss the different ways to pay for the plan’s expenses
- Explore the different types of pricing models
- How do you determine the reasonableness of fees?
- Fee Equalization – what does it mean?
- Investment Management Fees – are they reasonable given the size of my plan?
- Fiduciary Best Practices when it comes to evaluating fees
June 16, 2016
2016 PLANSPONSOR National Conference
Attila Toth, Partner and Co-Founder, will be moderating at the PLANSPONSOR National Conference on June 16, 2016.
Attila will be moderating the “DC Plan Investment Menu Trends” session, covering:
Click here to learn more and register for the event.
- Collective Investment Trusts
- White Labeling
- Shrinking the Fund Menu
- Brokerage Windows