Service Provider Search and Selection
An effective search evaluates all functional areas of plan servicing including recordkeeping, plan sponsor services, trustee services, conversion, communication/participant education, compliance services, as well as investment services. PEI actively conducts due diligence on all of the key retirement plan service providers in the industry. We understand recordkeepers are not all the same. We use this knowledge to efficiently develop a short list of possible candidates to meet the specific needs of the client.
Our difference is demonstrated in how we:
- Maintain a well respected, in-house vendor search team that averages more than 20 years of benefits consulting, plan sponsor, and human resource experience per professional
- Customize each RFP to address client-specific needs
- Show a detailed breakdown of how vendors are paid
- Perform on-site due diligence visits with recordkeepers and meet with senior staff on a regular basis
- Provide an advisory role during the transition process from the prior recordkeeper to the successor