Investment Policy Statement Development / Review
The Investment Policy Statement (IPS) is an integral document that defines the portfolio mission and objectives.
This document creates a set of procedural guidelines and limitations for investment management, budgeting, evaluation, and controls, as well as outlining risk tolerance, liquidity requirements, legal and regulatory factors, and asset allocation. The IPS also creates a framework of fiduciary roles and responsibilities. PEI works with its clients to establish an IPS. This exercise is one of due diligence, and one necessary for fiduciary protection.
Our difference is demonstrated in how we:
- Customize the IPS evaluation to a client’s needs
- Ensure that up-to-date information such as investment tracking measures and their benchmarks are included
- Utilize metrics outlined in the IPS for reporting and evaluation
- Tailor all recommendations to align with the IPS
- Review the client’s IPS annually and update it as needed