Asset Allocation Analysis
Each asset allocation study considers factors unique to each client’s circumstances, such as time horizon, risk tolerance, return expectations, cash flows (contributions or spending policy), and investment parameters across asset classes. Multi-variable analysis is employed, assessing the impact of market conditions on various asset allocation scenarios and inputs such as contributions and distributions, while incorporating capital market expectations and asset class return forecasts. Ultimately, the analysis assures that a client’s portfolio is aligned with investment and risk objectives and best positioned to achieve desired returns. Through this process, clients become better educated about the multiple factors that can affect the portfolio’s performance.
Our difference is demonstrated in how we:
- Customize each asset allocation model to meet portfolio goals, including alignment to spending policy or pension liability
- Illustrate expected cash flows and contribution requirements in different economic scenarios
- Examine assets as an integrated part of the entire portfolio rather than view assets in isolation
- Understand the intricacies, assumptions and constraints of the asset allocation software and how they impact portfolio construction
- Educate fiduciaries on the benefits and limits of asset allocation modeling